A little while ago I did a discussion post on different ways to share your love of books. I mentioned that two of my favourite book related things I’d ever taken part in have involved the physical sharing of books – a Bookish Secret Santa and The Whomping Willow – A Harry Potter related round robin and a couple of people said they sounded like fun so I thought I’d ask if anyone was interested in taking part.
So for anyone who isn’t sure about what I’m talking about a bookish round robin would involve the following
- Pick one of your favourite books – I’d recommend picking up a second copy for this
- At the beginning of the book write a little bit about why you’ve chosen the book
- Highlight or comment on some passages throughout the book – It’s up to your how much
- Send the book on to the next person on the list
- You’ll receive a book – you’ll have a period of time to read it and pick out some of your favourite bits and add some comments.
- Send this one on to the next person
- Rinse and repeat – eventually you’ll end up with your book back, now filled with everybody else’s comments and thoughts on the story.
I really don’t want to exclude anyone that wants to take part but I’m not sure if realistically due to postage fees it’s possibly best to restrict this to the UK and Ireland other wise one more person is going to end up being stuck with the additional costs of posting across the Atlantic every time but totally up for listening to people’s opinions on this one.
If this sounds like something you think you’d be interested in leave a comment or vote in my twitter poll! Also happy to answer any questions!
Anyone up for a round robin? Pick a book, write notes & send on. You get your book back with comments. UK & Eire for practicality. Plz RT
— Sarah Withers (@swithers2) May 15, 2017