Nearly a week into 2019 already! I enjoyed a quiet Hogmanay at home, I’m lucky enough to have a great view of Edinburgh across the water from my window so I enjoyed the fireworks as the bells went. 2nd January was tough as I had to put my morning alarm back on ahead of going back to work on the 3rd, let me tell you getting up at 5:30 on Thursday morning after not working since the 21st was tough! Pretty glad I got the two days in at the end of the week though, I think going straight into a five day week if I’d left it until tomorrow would have been too much!
I hope everyone else’s 2019 has started off well!
Books I’ve Read This Week
On SWB This Week
- I celebrated SWB’s 2nd birthday with a giveaway (and there’s still time to enter)
- For this week’s Top Ten Tuesday I shared 10 books I’d want to have with me if I was stuck on a desert island.
- I shared some of the January releases that have caught my eye
- In my first two 2019 previews I spoke about 14 2019 debuts that excite me and 12 2019 sequels I can’t wait for
- I spoke about the books I added to my TBR in December
- I took part in my first WWW Wednesday in a while
- I chatted about reading goals and why I won’t be setting any for 2019
- Finally I took part in Six for Sunday
From Around The Blogsphere
Some of my favourite blog posts from the past week
- Ashleigh showed off her beautiful new blog design and shared her plans for 2019
- Cora shared a brilliant review of The Twisted Tree
- Amy shared her favourite MG books of 2018
- Aoife shared some of her favourite musical YA novels
- Kate and Rosie both shared their most underrated books of 2018 – I love this idea!
Coming Up On SWB
As well as my regular Top Ten Tuesday and Six for Sunday posts expect my final books of 2019 preview post and my first review of 2019!
That was my week! Let me know your favourite blog post of the week, either one you’ve written or read somewhere else, and I’ll be sure to check it out!